Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Why do we need approval?

So today's phone conversation with hubby went something like this (PS This was at 5:45 this evening):

Hubs: What's for dinner
Me: I don't know
H: Me neither
Me: Hmmm (long pause)
H: What do you want me to say?
Me: (pause) I just want approval - even though I'm sucking
H: lol. Approval for what?!
Me: That I am still a good wife and mom
H: You're quite funny
Me: Really?!
H: lol. You're a good wife. It's just a phase.

I just have to say my least favorite question ever...is "what's for dinner?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that question the most too!!! I wish that they would just tell us what they want and then we could prepare and not have to think.

Catherine Cazier said...

If you need some inspiration let me know I have a huge list of things I make.

Catherine

B-la said...

Jodee- totally. I like the "not thinking" part. That's my style right now. The sad thing is I really do LOVE to cook, and I think I am pretty good at it. I think I just can't cook when under stress. Times like these, I would rather not think about it.

Catherine, I would LOVE some. I need some new FAST things to try. Also things with fairly normal ingredients. When you have a minute you can email me some please?! Thanks.

Heather Zwygart said...

I hate it too all of it un like you I hate to cook too! BUt something Tim and I do is a menu at the beginning of the month usually we sit down and on a calander we write what we are having for dinner every night then I don't ever have to think about it again. Tim know's how bad I hate it that he even wrote a breakfast menu! It helps me alot! If you ever want to come look at it feel free!