Does your Santa have a budget? It's kind-of cute how kids really believe some big, nice man in a suit brings all kids presents on Christmas. He's so nice in fact, that he will bring multiple really nice presents to every kid on Christmas. Well, we finally made official letters to Santa yesterday, and I had to explain that Santa might not bring everything on the list. My six-year old is especially expectant. His list would include: an xbox ($250) with multiple games (about $150), a Darth Maul lightsaber (can you even buy those?), the Republic Gunship Star Wars lego set ($115), Prince Caspian DVD ($20), Star Wars action figure set ($30), and a football ($10). I don't know about you, but this Santa is on a budget.
This has been a good opportunity to teach my kids about saving and earning the things we get to enjoy. J-la told me that he understands, and he will be okay if he doesn't get all things things he wants. I am happy about that. I'm sure they will be pleased with Christmas ... we started buying early this year (in the summer), so it made it a lot easier to plan a nice Christmas.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's cute that he understands. I am glad I found your blog!
Jennifer
We told our kids that Santa only brings 1 present and fills their stockings. That has seemed to work well every year.
We had the same problem last year. Isaac's list included a laptop, a cell phone, a nintendo dx, etc... This year was much better, they all only asked for one present each. I have a feeling it is only going to get harder as they get older though!
Post a Comment