Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'm back.

It's been a long time since I have written. A lot has happened in this last year. The most significant change is I am now working full time. I got a job at a company called MarketStar as a Senior Technical Writer. It's kind of a funny thing to me being that 1. I jumped into a "senior" position 2. I'm not that "technical," and 3. I have never considered myself much as a "writer."

My background is in visual communications, and that is what really helped me get this job. Another major contributing factor, is I worked as a contractor on a short-term project for MarketStar for about 6 weeks at the end of the summer. I got to know a lot of people in the company (including the "right" people). I impressed enough of them with the way I managed that project, they sent me to Chicago for a business trip. Upon my return they had this new permanent position waiting for me. Go ahead and call it what you want: a blessing, fate, providence, luck, or shear human effort (that one's for you, Tracy). I have no doubt in my mind this is changing my life. I have been doing it for about 6 weeks now. I am learning a lot along the way, and blazing some new trails for myself.

This has led me to think (something I do a lot of but rarely record)…now that I am an official writer, I should probably write more often. Wow! That's a crazy idea. I am making a commitment right now to maintain my blog regularly. It will be clearly beneficial for my career to practice writing. Yes, this is selfish. I write for no one but myself. I suppose I really don't care if no one ever reads what I write.

Now the question to myself is: What do I blog about? Oh man! That's a tricky one. I have NO idea!! A coworker of mine suggested I blog about training for a triathlon. I think that is a swell idea, and I might morph in that direction, but this triathlon isn't until June. Hmm. Yeah, that's what I was thinking… I think for now I am just going to wing it.

So, brace yourselves. I'm ready to unleash my super ninja writing skills at least once a week. Yes, you can roll your eyes now.

Peace and Love, Brenda

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm a huge believer in blessings, fate, luck and providence. Mostly because they are all evidence of shear human effort.

I can't wait to read of your adventures!

lizlarry.anderson said...

Wow...signed on today and not one but two new additions cant wait to read more.