Trick #1
As I poured over 12,700 grams of sugar into a large bowl to evenly distribute among the wild neighborhood kids, I thought to myself...who really thought this was a good idea? Honestly. Do you know what this means? That's right! Each of my children will come home with their own "jackpot" of nearly 12,700 grams of sugar. OMGoodness! No, thank you. Are we really trying to make our children stupid?
Trick #2
For those of you unaware, today is a Monday. Most normal people send their kids to school on Monday. I was refused that privilege when the Davis County School District decided to make Halloween a "Professional Day." Are you freakin kidding?! What do my kids now think? You got it! Halloween is a national holiday. That's just B.S. I'm sure they were thinking, "oh, how fun for the kids to have Halloween off, and oh, bonus! ...how convenient for us, too." I don't know about you, but I want smart children, and giving them Halloween off (justified by some lame excuse) is just flat out stupid.
Trick #3
As an adult, I cannot get into dressing up. I've dressed up once in the last 14+ years. Personally, it doesn't appeal all that much. For some I guess there could be some motivation behind it. Being creative. I am pro-creativity. Maybe you want to win a costume contest. Why not? But then there's the occasional longing to be something you're not. Really? You want to be a dead bride, a slutty house maid, or a giant red M&M? Whatever. Some of us just think that's stupid.
Despite what you may think I truly can see some value in the fun and excitement Halloween can bring. I just hope I'm not the only one who thinks it really is just kind of ... can you guess?
Stupid.
Monday, October 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment