Saturday, November 15, 2008

Halloween


For J-wa and D-la, Halloween is a love-hate relationship. They have been talking about what they want to be for Halloween this year since November 1, 2007. They get so excited about dressing up and getting candy. They were determined to be Jedi's this year. J-wa was Obi Wan and D-la was Anakin. They were thrilled with their costumes.

They love pumpkins, ghosts, cats and "cute" Halloween stuff. Skeletons, clowns and most of all Scream masks are not so loved. Back in September we were shopping in Sam's Club, and they were selling life-size "Face Rippers." That was the end of Sam's Club. If I wanted to threaten them, I would tell them, "if you don't behave, I am going to take you to Sam's Club." Comments like that would be followed by screaming ... and better behavior. They would also burying their heads in shopping carts in any store that sold anything Halloween. I was worried about J-wa going to school on Halloween, but when we learned no masks were allowed, I felt a little better.

Every year, trick-or-treating is a nightmare. J-wa cries and hides in the car and won't come out if he sees a costume he doesn't like. So, this year he had to be brave or we just wouldn't go Halloween next year. Well, it turns out that he was ok. He talked himself into being brave and realizing they are just kids and adults in costumes. He said, "Mom, I was so brave. I even saw three scream masks and an ugly clown, but I just said 'They're just masks. They're just masks.' I was a little nervous, but I was ok."

6 comments:

Emilyjo said...

They look super cute in their costumes. What perfect little Jedi! I'm glad Jake was brave this year-that is just to funny! Garen screams at most halloween costumes too!

Deven and Keri said...

Your kids looked great. You did a awesome job with making them. Thanks for sitting with me at the Trunk-or-Treat and chatting. I've missed that.

Lotte said...

Your costumes are always great! You do a good job with them. It was so funny to see them fighting with Darth Vader (Bro. Gibbons).

The Davies Family said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Its weird at first, but you'll love it.
Great costumes..I was just telling another mom the other day about how talented you are on the 'machine' and how you made Jake's cute fireman costume and my favorite the mouse!

Monica said...

Hi! I saw your link on the Anderson's page. It made me laugh when I saw your boys in their costumes. We should have gone out together, my kids were obsessed with star wars this Halloween also. How are you guys doing?
Monica
chrismonicaandfamily.blogspot.com

Nicole Leavitt said...

Hey there! I found your blog through some blog hopping, so I just thought I would say hello! :)