Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Way of Going Green

I'm not completely into the "going green" concept. It doesn't mean I think it's poppycock, I just haven't had a personal reason yet to make it a complete part of my life. I recycle...that's something, right?! Well, I was inspired by a fellow blogger to sew my own shopping bags. This chic uses awesome fabrics. She has quite a modern style that I like. Anyway, I took her idea, and along with my mom we figured out a pattern and put it to the test.

This was the first one. I LOVE this fabric. The bag is so simple and nothing special, but the vibrant patterns and colors on the inside really make them fun.


















Then I made this one. I embellished a little with these super cute ruffles. This fabric is another favorite!


































This one's for my sister on Mother's Day (sorry sis to spoil the surprise - if you're reading this!!). She loves the jewel tones, and I thought she'd love this fabric. (Maybe I should note that I never make or pick out anything for anyone if I don't love it too. I can always find mutual connections ;) Anyway, I made this super cute flower for the front. My sister is such a girly-girl in so many ways, and I know this extra touch will be appreciated! Oh, and the best thing is that flower is SO easy to make...You don't even need a sewing machine!




































Well, I can't wait to go shopping now! I just need to decide whether or not to use them for grocery shopping...that thought kind of pains me. What do you think? I think the $1 reusable bags might be better for groceries, and save these for the more exciting shopping trips! Like buying fabric...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love the bags and the flower. you need to teach me how to make the flower. Madalynn and haylee would love them.

Heather Zwygart said...

That is brilliant and so cute!! You did a great job your sister will love it!

Lotte said...

Those are SO cute! I love them!

B-la said...

thanks girls! jodee, the flower is easy. I will email you the instructions.