Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Body Pains

What the (sorry) hell?! I just want to complain. My gut hurts tonight, and I have gained a few pounds over the last few months...on top of the 5 pounds I gained in the last year!! What is going on? I'm sure I could come up with a million guesses and excuses for this. Knee pain. Migraines. Back pain. Winter depression. Migraines. Pockets of laziness. That nasty little Pill. Migraines. More back pain. Blah blah blah.

Really though. Despite this last fiscal year of in and out at the gym (due to my excuse list above) I have been SO good and going to the gym in the last few months. I am working out hard. I am lifting hard and strong to gain all my strength back. AND I have challenged myself to a month of NO treats (aka ice cream, brownies, chocolate, candy, etc)! I haven't even cheated. I started on June 11th, and I am going until Jon's bday on July 10th. It hasn't been that hard for me. I actually enjoy this change in my life. AND for the last week I haven't had a soda. That's a big deal for me! I got the bleep scared out of me about that nasty little chemical called Aspartame, and I haven't had another one yet. I could drink a regular Pepsi, but yeah right! I am not wasting 500+ kcals in Pepsi! Who does that?!

Anywho, I guess I expected a miracle from cutting all forms of treats (and now soda) from my diet. I am seeing no miracles...just more pounds. What the?! I want to say it's the Pill. I am going to stop taking it and see if that helps me out a little. I took it once about 10 years ago, and a similar thing happened. I couldn't lose weight at all, no matter what. (The Pill makes me a little meaner too ;) So going off it better freakin help!

Grrrrrrr!

PS. I splurged with a Pina Colada Sobe tonight, and I think that is why my gut hurts. All that sugar my body isn't used to right now.

2 comments:

Lotte said...

You really gave up soda?!?! You're awesome. You look great too, so don't worry about it too much. Just think of the health benefits you will enjoy!

Lotte said...

Sorry about the double post - I got an error on the first post and thought it didn't go!